Thursday 1 December 2011

Dream Realm - Jillian Lawrence

There's a part of me that's burning
Waiting
Crying
And then I wake up 


People pass me by
There faces aren't their own
Just masks
I'm on my own


The dream realm is where you are
Where you tempt me
Hold me
Ignite me


It's a nightmare
In my dream realm
Because that's where you are
That's where we are


When I wake up 
I'm safe again
You're not there when I wake up
I breathe


I go to sleep each night
And I always let you in
I let you use me
Abuse me


In my dream realm
You touch me
I'm touched by you
I'm possessed by the flames


Reality keeps me from fire
From my deepest desire
To have you
To let you have me


In reality they expect things of me
I'm told who to be
You're not there
You're only in my dream realm


I always visit you
I always return
Because I like the hurt
The pain is good


Reality is where I hide what they won't like
The shadow of me
My shadow self
The part of me that always wants more


The nightmare in my dream realm
It's where I scream
Where you torture me
Where I let you torture me


I want too much
I can't ask them for it
So I beg the dream realm for it
And I let the blood rush


You wait for me
You wait to break me
I don't say a word
I don't make you stop


It's because I want this nightmare
I want my dream realm
Because I feel alive in there
I feel loved in there


I feel wanted by my nightmare
So I come back to let you hurt me
My blood is not sacred in my dream realm
I let you destroy me


Destroy me
Ruin me
The burning part you satisfy within me
Fully. In my dream realm


...Then I wake up.


--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment