Wednesday 21 December 2011

Cartwheels & Pedestrian Crossings

Today, along with some forced home maintenance, I spent time with my favourite cousin Alex. The day consisted of four outfits, four venues, roughly 200 photos, crazy dance video clips, a pedestrian crossing, stilettos and Converse High Tops- making for a very successful photo shoot.


I love being behind the camera. I can make other people look beautiful but I won't trust anybody else to do the same for me. I'm definitely okay with that. I don't like photos... of myself. Mostly because I'm not the most photogenic person in my opinion. However, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy capturing beauty and moments of perfection for others to see.


Today was a lot of fun. My cousin never does photo shoots nor does she typically throw herself in front of whatever camera she sees. She also finds practically anything funny and therefore struggles to look serious or collected, in the least, for more than a shot at a time.


My cousin is amazing. She jumps out of trees, stands on a park slide in stiletto heels, wears red Converse High Tops, does cartwheels across pedestrian crossings and dances through the street in slow motion. She's a curly-haired, gorgeous freak of nature and I love her more than words.


Clink*

--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment