Tuesday 20 December 2011

In The Dark

Everyone is in on the joke. Except for me. I'm the joke. I didn't know until it was too late; until I couldn't protect myself from their cruelty. I am lost within a world where all else seems to thrive and to conquer. I'm trapped in the dark and the light eludes me as if for fun.

I try to make them see my worth but in vain. I cannot convince them that I feel and breathe like the rest of those beings like us. They're convinced I'm not human, that I'm beneath them. They think I'm nothing worth pursuit or interest. I don't deserve love in their eyes. The gauge out my soul in the hopes of killing it. They're confused when they find I'm not that much different to them. Yet they still refuse to believe that I am cut from the same cloth as they are. They've locked me away in a dark, cold and lonely room where all I hear is my own breathing and the violent drumming of my heart as it hits against my rib cage. All I see are the inside of my eyelids and the blackness that has surrounded me. My touch is dulled down until I'm numb. They throw knives at me as I sit, unbeknown by the light, in the depths. The knives pierce my body but I do not feel anything. I am numb. I am cold inside. I am immune to the pain that I have felt for so long. It has done too much damage for me too feel it any more.

I'm in the dark, clinging to every last shred of hope that tomorrow will be better. I cry out to the pouring heavens that wash the tears and blood from my face. I hold on to the promise of light and deliverance from pain and wickedness. I hold on in the hope that all who have hurt me will be forgiven.

I'm in the dark. 
But The Light Of The World Lives In Me.

--J.


No comments:

Post a Comment