Saturday 10 December 2011

Veins

Time flies 
When you're having fun
And the game is all good
If you're the one who won
_______________________________


It's amazing to me that I am so blessed by the people in my life. My friends are absolutely awesome and they just make me want to be a better person. It's so easy to take happy moments for granted. We just notice the crappy moments because they fall out of nowhere and ruin our pretty little pictures of what we want life to look like. 


I love my happy moments. I've learnt, the hard way, to appreciate the Now instead of worrying about the past and the future. Worrying does nothing but make you miserable. I'm not saying that you shouldn't care about anything and that you should be completely over-chilled. It's completely normal to be concerned about things and about people but worrying? No.


I was working in the garden with my family today and it was hot and sunny. I looked down at my hands and forearms... And all I saw was my veins. You know how your veins are more prevalent when you've been exercising and your heart rate is up? Yeah. It just made me think about all the things I used to worry about and how I wasted precious time over practically nothing.


At cricket practices and matches, my coach (the 'brother' I always talk about) always wears short sleeve sports tops. I always saw the veins that ran up his arms. In my mind, it felt like I needed to exercise myself to breaking point and earn my 'veins'. I worried so much about my appearance and how people saw me- how he saw me. It didn't make me any happier or make anyone else any happier either. 


Anyway. I just hope that it will be easier to maintain a sense of happiness for a while at least.


Time to go sleep.


--J





No comments:

Post a Comment