Monday 9 January 2012

Far Gone - by Jillian Lawrence

You let me go
You made me leave
You disappeared
Before I could grieve


I'm overwhelmed with it all 
All my thoughts of you
All that's left are memories
There's nothing more I can do


I can't fight you. I can't make you love me.


I'm so far gone
So far gone
Stranded with no hope
Of ever finding you


I'm drifting away
I can't find reason
So far gone
I'm so far gone


My mind left my body
Long ago
Now all that's left
Is my broken soul


I'm wondering through time
All alone
My world has stumbled
Into a black hole


I wish I could change your mind. I wish you could see me.



I'm so far gone
So far gone
Without a hope
Of ever reaching you


We drifted apart
Without a reason 
So far gone
I'm so far gone


I wonder if you'll look back
And pity me
Remember that foolish girl
That was lost so easily



Too many tears
Many a sleepless night
The dagger ran deeper
The further you ran from my sight


And I don't want to remind myself that you don't love me. So to save me... 


I'll be... So far gone
So far gone
I'll only cry 
When I sing this song


I've already forgiven
I'll try to forget
So far gone
I'll be... So far gone.


So far gone
So far gone
I say goodbye
As I end this song


You took my heart
When you left... me
So far gone
So far gone


I can't fight with you. I can't make you love me. Don't worry.


I'm far gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment