Thursday 5 January 2012

Dinner Party

Tonight I had the pleasure of seeing and entertaining some of the most insane and beautiful people I have ever had the privilege of knowing. It was a crazy, eventful night that I am glad to have experienced.


I found myself slightly flustered by the quick preparation that I had to pull off and the bitterness and momentary anger shown by my mother when I mentioned that the size of my dinner party had increased from six people to nine. Thankfully everything was ready in time and the food was great.


I was reminded of just how fortunate I am to have a loving and forgiving mother, a gracious and simply amazing best friend, countless blessings in the form of truly great friends, tons of laughs and moments in which love is shared among people.


Some of the evening was spent in irritation at one of my dear friends. His form of humour just so happens to be that of an irritating nature. He means well though. He doesn't understand that I love him. I truly do. Even though sometimes I can hardly stand him. He's an amazing friend- in all honesty. I thank God every day for him. I have made it my goal to not take him for granted.


We spent the night with great conversation, countless crazy antics which included a fight between the boys concerning a hard ball of crumpled tin foil, the Lion King and some other disturbing movie that I am thankful for not seeing the end of and  very full stomachs.


I love my friends. 


--J

No comments:

Post a Comment