Tuesday 13 November 2012

Come Back To Me - Jillian Lawrence


I thought I was dead
But I’m hanging on by 
A thread.
Here we go again
Morbid the misery…
There are ashes in my eyes
There is dust on the ground
Markers of the place
Where you uttered your
Dying sound.
You were everything to me
Now you’re gone…
Totally gone from me.
I can hear your breathing
Heavy against my chest…
You told me you were leaving
I wasn’t ready for you to go yet.
Open your eyes. Please.
Come back to me,
Tell me it’s okay
And that I won’t be lonely…
Breathe yourself back to life
I know death may seem so comfortable
But I’m miserable.
I just wanna hold your hand 
Again.
I want to hold you for a moment 
And then…
Go with you into the night,
Into the dark, into the death.
You’ll forget me here
I won’t remember anything else,
I fear…
So don’t go now…
I’m begging your heart
To beat again somehow…
Because I can’t make it without you,
I don’t want to.
Can I bring you back to life?
My chest is pulling tight,
As the tears fall from my face 
To yours…
Wake up.
Sleep will wait for you,
But reality runs away…
And mine will cease to be at all
Unless you choose to stay…
Can we find another way?
Because it’s not time to say goodbye
I don’t want to cry
Please, oh can’t you try…
Come back to the world that
You left behind.
I can’t let you go,
It hurts too much to know
That you won’t be here tomorrow.
Turn back the time
Rewind, rewind, rewind.
So I can keep you in my mind,
So I can keep you in my heart…
We’ll never be apart.
I can only hope.
I try and I try,
Don’t ask why 
But I’m no good at goodbyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment