Saturday 24 March 2012

Ready To Be Tested?

There are fragments of my heart scattered across path ways like broken glass. Too small to be crushed or to be put back together, awaiting a strong enough wind to blow away the blood and lift the pressing heaviness.

Wednesday, 21 March 2012, was Human Rights Day in South Africa. It was also "Night of Worship" at Southpoint Church. I feel closest to God during worship when I can feel the music flow from my soul and the voices around me melt into a glorifying chorus to praise an Almighty God. I felt close to God that night... Closer than I have in a long time.

They took communion (the breaking of bread and drinking of wine or grape juice actually as a symbol of Christ's sacrifice for us) and between every few songs, my pastor would relay sections of a message. He spoke about heaviness. Not so much physical heaviness but rather emotional and spiritual heaviness. I could immediately relate because for the past few months that is all that I have been feeling. Heavy. 

We had the opportunity to have people pray for us and I made use of it. I prayed too and I'm trying to be happy. I'm waiting... I can't rush God's perfect plan.

It hurts to wait when I want certain things now and get them if I don't act now. It's difficult and yes, Christian life isn't easy but that doesn't mean I don't wish that it was at times.

I do feel like something, some burden, has been lifted. God will, however, continue to test me.

Sola Gratia                   [By Grace Alone]
Sola Fide                     [By Faith Alone] 
Solus Christus                [By Christ Alone]
Sola Scriptura                [By Scripture Alone]
Soli Deo Gloria               [To God Alone Be The Glory]

I am ready.

--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment