Tuesday 6 March 2012

Dear Homosapien

Your hair looks nice when it's straightened. When it's natural it looks kind of fluffy because it's so short.


I remember when we were best friends in grade 10 and I used to play with you hair in English. It was longer then and it was black. Not this rusty orange-brown colour that it is now. I guess your girlfriend likes it.


I was writing the English Olympiad today and- this may sound weird- but I thought that I smelt you. Weird, I know... I remember hugging you and putting my head in your neck and just taking you in and feeling so safe. Perhaps I was hallucinating today. I don't know. It may have been because I was writing in the EGD classroom and maybe I was near where you usually sit. It was weird... like really. Because you don't smell the same any more. Maybe that's just because I'm not close enough to know any more.


I miss you. I miss playing with your squishy cheeks and kissing them hello and goodbye. I miss the arguments we had over who had the softest cheeks... I always won. I love your cheeks though. Now we don't even remotely touch each other. We don't hug or even high-five(not that anyone our age really high-fives nowadays). We are acquaintances if anything and I can't pretend to be okay with it.


We were best friends and now we're not friends at all...We didn't drift,you just closed the door.


--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment