Wednesday 4 December 2013

Full-On Love

Take me by the hand
Take me by surprise.
Sneak up behind me,
Grab me by the waist - 
Just to give me a taste
Of what adoration
Feels like.
It should feel right
When you hold me tight
Like I'm all you want
And all you need.
Buy me flowers
For no reason
Just because no one
Has ever done that for me
Before.
Show me just a little bit more
Of your heart.
Tell me that I'm beautiful
Tell me that I'm magical...
Even though I'm average,
Even though you
Could do so much better.
Never let me go,
Make sure that I know
Why you chose me
Over everybody 
Else...
Even though 
It'll never make sense
To me.
Make me dance in the rain
Let's be cliche' 
And insane...
But only when you know
That I haven't
Just done my hair.
Show me that 
You care.
Even when I can be
Unbearable...
Tell me I'm unforgettable.
Whisper all the stupid things
That make me roll my eyes
Because I've been trying to pretend
That I don't want those
Warm, fuzzy feelings -
Those head-reeling,
Heart-leaping,
Too-good-to-be-true feelings.
Kiss me on the forehead
On my chin,
Then on my cheeks
North
South 
West
East.
And repeat...
Until we're dizzy
Until we're spinning - 
Until we're in love.
Because I can't wait
To know what that feels like,
To BE what that looks like.
Don't use the 'L' word -
Keep me in suspense
Make me tense
And stressed with the desire 
To please you.
Expect my best,
Accept my worst...
Quench my thirst
For a full-on love.

No comments:

Post a Comment