Monday 8 July 2013

Perpetual Fear

I am a rather fearful person in general. If something has the potential to hurt me, then chances are that I will have a corresponding phobia of that thing. So fear is nothing new to me yet I have recently found myself to be facing the fear of one specific thing most prominently. I fear one particular person - one so-called friend... And it is the most painfully controlling thing I have ever experienced.

I'm an idiot. I really am and I know it all to well... I honestly don't think that I am mature enough to be able to change that about myself just yet. So for now, I'm stuck being a typical girl about everything. Over-thinking every little thing, making endless dramatic assumptions... I do all of that - in short I cause all of my own problems and feed my own fears. So therein lies the root of my problem and my current pain. My fear has grown to consume me as a result of my own mind's destructive nature.

It is perhaps the most belittling feeling to live in fear of someone... especially if you happen to care about that certain 'someone'. You feel like you're nothing. I didn't think it would possible for me to feel so incredibly small in the presence of another person - yet here I am, paralysed in fear. I hate feeling so utterly useless but I have yet to be able to control the way I feel. My emotions and therefore my fears have manifested themselves and have congealed to a certain extent that my relationship with this person has become my emotions - it has become fear itself.

I really do have this terrible habit of letting my mind and my emotions get the better of me... Hence my current situation. I am consumed with fear at the mere idea of one of my friends. I can't bring myself to send a text message without the rush and onslaught of negative thoughts and expectancy of rejection. I no longer have a healthy friendship because I'm too scared to attempt to even talk to this person despite my deep desire to. It's incredibly painful to experience such unnecessary inner conflict. 

I don't know how not to be fearful though. I hate rejection and I'm scared of every thing I say or do because I feel as though this person will hate me for something. I don't want to be at fault for ruining a relationship by saying or doing something stupid yet by being consumed by this fear is equally as detrimental. My fear has ruined me and stolen any semblance of joy I had.

I'm at a point where I'm just kind of going with the flow because I have the inability to take control. I can't make a decision regarding my relationship with the person I fear and my relationship with my fear itself. 

I feel lost and trapped at every turn. I don't have any bravery to spare. What do I do?

--J.

No comments:

Post a Comment